A (SAMPLE) GOREAN MASTER’S CREED by _Marcus_ of Ar
Above all else a Gorean Master values his slave and understands the vulnerability of her position upon his chain. Knowing that she has assumed her correct place in the Gorean social system he is bound to compel her to behave as what she is, and to correct her as she strives to achieve the utmost fulfilment of her natural needs.
– A Gorean Master is demanding and takes full advantage of the power he wields, but accepts the responsibility which comes with his Mastery. He takes pride in the achievements of his slaves, and rewards their devoted service by administering pleasure as he sees fit.
– A Gorean Master is first and foremost Master of himself. Until he can Master himself, how can he Master others?
– A Gorean Master holds the power to compel his slave to weep real tears, but is wise and compassionate enough to do so only in the best interests of his Mastery and to ensure that she grows in her slavery. A Gorean Master will reward his slave generously as he sees fit, also to compel obedience and to promote growth in her slavery. Whether he is punishing or comforting, he never forgets that he is the Master.
– A Gorean Master’s role is never dictated merely by time or location. He will remember that the feelings and emotions of his slave are a vital part of his relationship with her, and will not hesitate to comfort or offer solace to his slave, should it seem good to him.
– To be a Gorean Master a man must be strong enough to command his slave’s respect and her trust, so that she may serve him willingly in the knowledge that he will allow nothing less. A Gorean Master will strive at all times to guide and to teach a slave the truths of her position in Gorean society, and upon his chain.
– A Gorean Master is not afraid to demonstrate his humor, his kindness, and his warmth. A Gorean Master in not an uncaring machine, though often he may behave as one. The slave understands this and appreciates his softer qualities when they manifest.
– A Gorean Master should, through his deeds and actions, demonstrate to his slave that he is worthy of her service to him. He must be strong enough to maintain her under the strictest discipline even in an informal setting. He must prove himself inflexible when the situation requires it, and be wise enough to allow some leeway when it, too, is necessary.
– A Gorean Master will be strong enough to defend what is his, when it becomes necessary. He will protect his slave from the consequences of his own folly, and see to it that she is suitably corrected when she errs. He is a pillar of strength which she may lean on in times of duress, and his slave may take heart in knowing that he is there to Master her and maintain her in her slavery.
– When it comes time to instruct his slave and to compel her obedience, he is a strong and unyielding teacher. A Gorean Master will accept no flaw in his slave’s performance in regards to her actions, and will make certain that those actions please persons who are free. His slave is always under his eye, even when serving another free Gorean.
– A Gorean Master may punish his slave at any time, for any reason. When he does so, however, it is always to serve a purpose, and to maintain his Mastery according to his position in Gorean society.—A Gorean Master will always pay the strictest attention to the feelings and emotional needs of his slave, fulfilling them when he deems it appropriate.
– A Gorean Master will utilize whatever means he feels is necessary to compel his slave to accept and maintain her position in Gorean society.
– A Gorean Master seeks to learn more of himself from his slave, and is wise enough to know that he is not always correct. He expects his slave to allow him to discover these things for himself, as he is free.
– A Gorean Master understands that each partner gains most from fulfilling the other’s needs, be they the need to serve or the need to command.
– And a Gorean Master knows that should he be too weak to Master his slave, she will not be his slave for long.
I wish you well,
Copyright © 2006, 2002, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, _Marcus_ of Ar. All rights reserved.